Fun fact about me: I love dates. No, not the awkward kind (literally) everyone encourages me to go on - nope, definitely not those. Rather, the pure, sweet fruit from Mother Nature.
I love sweets in general. If I had to power-rank my top three favorite sweeteners they would be: dates, honey and maple syrup. Ugh. YUM! Thus, I love recipes that include natural sugar, since I’m trying to stay away from processed food and refined sugars.
Last weekend, I was craving something treat-like, so I stood in the aisle of Plum Market, on my phone, browsing Rachel’s collection of aesthetically-pleasing, drool-worthy recipes for what seemed like an hour. While it was hard to pick just one, being the cookie fiend I am, I was naturally drawn to her raw cookie recipe. Her recipe inspired me to have a little fun in the kitchen too and create my own raw cookie, and here’s what I whipped up in all of 10 minutes:
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 cup mixture of almonds and pecans
- Heavy splash of vanilla
- ¾ cup pitted dates
- 2 scoops of Vital Proteins Marine Collagen
- Run almonds and pecans through food processor
- Add dates, collagen, vanilla and almond butter until “dough” forms. Add dates to taste based on your sweetness preference.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Roll dough into balls and press down into cookie shape
I honestly couldn’t tell you how many cookies this makes because I ate at least half the dough prior to the “forming cookie” stage (oops). But, what I will say is that these bad boys are DAMN GOOD.
*And incase you need a reminder as to WHY we're adding collagen to everything:
- Marine Collagen peptides blend into anything, hot or cold! And, no - it doesn’t taste fishy. You can add a scoop to anything and won’t taste a difference
- It enhances hair, skin & nails: see here for proof
- It improves digestion: naturally occurring amino acids in collagen peptides provide a strong line of defense for your gut.
- It boosts joint health: take your next [solidcore] class like the strong boss you are and use our code: FITCITYBLONDE for a discount on a new client deal of 2 classes for $29!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, we receive a portion of the sale. Thanks for supporting the blog and making fitcityblonde possible! xx